Lawrenceville, New Jersey
100% full Not resolved
1.8

My home is 2700 square feet.When I got my phone estimate I was told the cost was $170/hour and it would probably take 2-2 1/2 hours.

STEEP price but I agreed because my cleaning woman was out of town. (She gets $125 for the entire day and cleans from top to bottom.) A team of 4 women was sent to my home. They spent 20 minutes "looking at the rooms" (to quote the team leader) and I supplied them with my particular duster and my stainless steel cleaner. Bathrooms and kitchens looked great.

They did a very good job on them. They vacuumed, also a good job. But here's the rub - I specifically asked them to dust my ceiling fans and furniture. When the team leader said they were finished and asked me to check their work, I discovered they'd dusted only select things.

I was told the woman who did the dusting was "SHORT" (note, I am 5' and manage to dust just fine, thank you very much). I had given them my ceiling fan blade duster which they opted not to use. I told them they didn't dust at all, so they dusted the ceiling fans by standing on the beds in each room. Every door jamb was filthy.

My dining room set was filthy. (see photos - in one photo I drew an X in the dust with my finger! The other two photos are pieces of furniture whose tops are only about 3' tall) As they finished, the team leader called into the home base and proceeded to tell me my bill was $666. EVEN THE TEAM LEADER AND HER ASSOCIATES EXPRESSED SHOCK AT THE PRICE.

They charged me for the time spent "looking at the rooms" (20 minutes) and the time spent dusting the fans AFTER they said they were done (30 minutes). They had my credit card on file so there was no way I could say I wasn't paying. I called up and spoke first with Marisol and then with Eric (who was very patronizing to me despite me being probably twice his age...). They offered to send out another team to do the dusting the first team SHOULD HAVE DONE, but I'd already given up an entire morning for the team who really should have done what they were supposed to do.

Eric said they don't negotiate on price but would give me 20% off (which he did). My argument was that I would NEVER have agreed to ANY cleaning service that would tell me the cost would be $666. THEY SAID TWO-TO-TWO-AND-A-HALF-HOURS and that was what I agreed to. They should have charged me either $340 or $425 which is steep enough but to overcharge me for THEIR mistake and for THEIR "look around" is both reprehensible and unacceptable.

What person would agree to a fee of $666 for a relatively small home where only two people reside? And oh yeah, they didn't have to clean one of the bedrooms that had stuff piled in it, and the only bedroom that gets use in this house is the master bedroom!

Buyer Beware.Their 100% satisfaction guarantee only guarantees that there are no guarantees!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $195. poozie is overall dissatisfied with The Maids and uploaded picture s. the best about the maids cleaning service from The Maids was cleaning of the kitchen. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about The Maids.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cleaning Services category for more informed decision or compare The Maids to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with The Maids?

Comments

#1219740

Time spend doing an initial walk around is not supposed to be charged for.Only from the time they actually start "working" to the time they finish.

They should have asked you to to do a quick walk through close to the end to make sure you were satisfied with their work.

As for not being able to reach things, the supply buckets are built to be stood on.(I am a former employee.)

The amount charged is outrageous!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1198979

666 is a great number. You should feel happy.

to Anonymous #1219790